Santa Fe Singles

Kayaking with Santa Fe Singles

On June 3rd, Kelly Gossett of New Mexico Kayak Instruction (founder of the Santa Fe Kayak meetup) will teach a 3hr Intro to Kayak lesson for Santa Fe Singles at the Chavez Center's indoor pool. We'll learn the basic strokes that will allow us to safely paddle lakes and easy rivers later on as a group. Kelly will also show us simple 2-person rescues and other team-building skills that are great with a partner, so bring a date, or find one at the event.

The roll class with Glenn and Michael was awesome.  The roll has been frustrating to me.  Thanks to the instruction the other night I think I have my roll about 95 percent mastered and I know exactly what I need to work on to get the other 5 percent.  I've taken other roll classes but this one was the best. After these classes I feel very clear about what I need to work on.  I can't wait to get back on the water ASAP to work on my roll and forward stroke.

Reed Mencke  -  Retired
My girls were Brownies. From a leader perspective, I wanted to see something fun, and that would build confidence. This was one of our first real "outings" as a Girl Scout. I was looking for something "different", something with a sense of adventure/out of the ordinary (something they don't do everyday) but controlled and safe. I also wanted something a bit challenging - physically, but also something they hadn't done before, something that would build confidence. This really fit the bill perfectly. They didn't' want to get out of the pool!
Kathleen Tighe-Smith  -  Troop #10228, Brownies, Albuquerque, NM
Syndicate content